Monday, January 11, 2016

New Year 2016

2015's New Year Resolutions:
1. Write down things I have accomplished throughout the year and keep them in 4 jars: career/work, health, fun/hobbies, other. Fill them all up at least once but hopefully twice.
No matter how big or small the task, the objective is to celebrate the doing.

How I feel about them:
1. I really liked the idea of this.  Not going to lie, it lasted 3 months.  I think it's a more realistic goal when I'm actually more at home/in my room. I think I'm going to revisit this idea when I have my own place.  I think reading through the slips has been a great experience.
I think that I did do a lot this year and I track it on my calendar, it's an easier platform, but it feels more concrete when written.

2015.
This was the year I was offended by Aunt/Uncle. Felt defensive about optometry
This was the year I updated my resume & applied to jobs/optometry offices.
This was the year I received my diploma.
This was the year my friends interviewed for schools.
This was the year my tire got stolen in mpk.
This was the year I had my interviews for jobs and completely bombed the first one but was hired on the spot for the other.
This was the year of reading/listening to books: wild, flirting w/ felicity, my sister's grave, what i wish i knew when i was 20, ...
This was the year I started working in MB.
This was the year of playing board games a lot w/ jukecity.
This was the year of Grand central market w/ kcruz.
This was the year I planned vday at Hangar 18 for ew.
This was the year I spent FOR.EVER. with the people from the auto shop to try to fix my tpms light. and the day that the manager drove me around for hours.
This was the year juke hiked the hollywood sign.
This was the year I awkwardly sat in the theater alone waiting for late friends and tried burmese food for the first time.
This was the year Dson & I ran into Jane and randomly joined her and caught up on life.
This was the year of the brunch, lacma KAP adventure then going to perch for sandy's bday.
This was the year of seeing austin again from such a long time & feeling super awkward.
This was the year ew invited me to a wedding.
This was the year I spent a fortune ish on Dr. Clark's birthday.
This was the year of a LOT of fighting w/ ew.
This was the year of getting together w/ the riverside girls "everymonth"
This was the year some of juke came to visit to hike & eat.
This was the year I had work training in irvine.
This was the year I visited Kris' apartment and talked w/ jchao.
This was the year I slept over at mzaw's and stayed up till 7am talking.
This was the year ew & I broke up & saw him later that day in a group setting.
This was the year I dogsat ribby.
This was the year of paint night w/ tanya and realizing it's hard for us to let loose compared to others.
This was the year I had jazzcat w/ brian & sally.
This was the year I found out about the secret group.
This was the year I went into a spiral of emotions/self pity/etc.
This was the year I had baekjeong w/ ash & ranted.
This was the year of getting drunk for the first time w/ kris.
This was the year I went to archery lessons w/ bryan&brian, lucky boy's, kevin's place, then dtf for yuri's bday, and norms w/ tim.
This was the year I hung out w/ tim quite a bit. madmax, d&b, 101.
This was the year I went to Dland w/ kcruz for our birthdays.
This was the year of the surprise annie at ice que.
This was the year ew told me that he had feelings for sally a month after breaking up w/ me.
This was the year of meeting up w/ anton & kcruz for drinks.
This was the year of banana bay & round 1 karaoke.
This was the year I set up my birthday week. lawry's w/ parents, sugarfish & park w/ kevin, bouzy w/ kris, son of a gun, el chato, salt&straw w/ tan&hyun, dtf w/ juke.
This was the year of dtf on my birthday, $200, Sandy's. what a mess.
This was the year I had brunch/lunch w/ dan at cheesecake.
This was the year I took dad to Andrea Bocelli
This was the year of "best friend" day w/ dan & tim at curry house.
This was the year of visiting david in irvine.
This was the year of Kcruz treating me to a dodgers game.
This was the year I drove to pomona for dan's graduation then to riverside & then back home.
This was the year my grandmother got really ill.
This was the year of the emotional talk w/ tanya.
This was the year of mzaw's surprise bonfire for her bday.
This was the year of having lunch w/ mpaik at ichimi.
This was the year of googly eyes w/ dan, elote w/arden.
This was the year I went on a date w/ dan to EMC & inside out. (w/o really realizing)
This was the year I treated parents to mbpost.
This was the year of little 626 trip w/ tan.
This was the year of going to sixflags, bucca & samo w/ dan.
This was the year of the family bbq then dad disappearing for the 4th.
This was the year I went to pepperdine w/ arden to visit. long talks.
This was the year Sandy & I had long talks at jazzcat.
This was the year of impromptu hangout. drive to irvine, tacos, himym, spectacular now, sushi gen, barcade, d&b.
This was the year of the party @ eric's.
This was the year of going to the dodger game ayce section w/ tim & his friends.
This was the year of the haiku's. disconnected.
This was the year of little fork, griffith w/ d and then the escape room & emc.
This was the year of LATE NIGHTS before work.
This was the year we hiked to the griffith teahouse, & dinela, dan's car broke down.
This was the year of alondros & rollerskating.
This was the year of multiple study dates w/ the "fantastic four".
This was the year of playing board games w/ dan and sophie for the first time.
This was the year of the nike sale, portos, and la zoo roaring nights.
This was the year of the getty w/ dan, mzaw, & tchin.
This was the year tan & I did the stairs w/ the backpack & hammock time w/ goodtalks.
This was the year the metro bus hit me.
This was the year I went to brian's w/ sandy & made macarons & studied.
This was the year of the oc fair, newport beach.
This was the year of the outdoor movie and longtalks.
This was the year of perch and lacma for mzaw's friend.
This was the year of the double dinner w/ tan.
This was the year of dinner at venice room, disappearance w/ d.
This was the year david came to eat gaja.
This was the year of the comedy club w/ dan, then the 3 person bday bash at angel city/barcade. s/o.
This was the year of la grande orange, movie, downtown disney.
This was the year kalin visits, longbeach.
This was the year of the planned day. anaheim packing district, la live 4dx, wurstkuche.
This was the year having dinner w/ anton. longtalks.
This was the year of lunch w/ david. newperson.
This was the year of dinner w/ shio. 4 year update.
This was the year I applied for a credit card.
This was the year of ktown trip w/ tan & kris.
This was the year of sunday funday in mb w/ dan then dinner w/ pearl & steph.
This was the year of dinner w/ james & drinks in westla. Jason's place. nobueno.
This was the year of strange anxiety.
This was the year of griffith observatory show, and meeting a couple of his college friends.
This was the year of the full day study. kris panera. talk.
This was the year or dinner w/ uba & connie.
This was the year of mom's surgery.
This was the year of the broad w/ dan.
This was the year of lobster festival, fruit tart making and games.
This was the year I finally got a haircut.
This was the year of spinfish, lastbookstore.
This was the year of tommy's whitecoat ceremony.
This was the year of finally going to the dentist. g. and realizing to not put up with mediocre medical service.
This was the year I fell in love with naengmyeon and kalgooksoo.
This was the year of sharing spotify.
This was the year Dan and I became official.
This was the year of brunch at the races & east side food festival.
This was the year of seeing the beautiful new del amo.
This was the year of lunch at the park, and walking around dtla, seeing ando.
This was the year of halloween @ dango's.
This was the year of meeting clara.
This was the year of seeing the improv musical & ando again.
This was the year of ritters for ash & bananabay for brian.
This was the year dan met tan & kris. at oumi sasaya.
This was the year I met mandy & christine, then garrett, justin & others.
This was the year of hopscotch, guisados.
This was the year of friendsgiving at tim's.
This was the year of going to DanDiego w/dan.
This was the year my grandmother passed away.
This was the year of cognitive dissonance, explosions, and words.
This was the year of trying otium, the gadget expo, 4dx theater.
This was the year I first got my eyebrows threaded.
This was the year I learned to put on false lashes.
This was the year I went to dan's company party.
This was the year of the too long memorial.
This was the year of the work dinner.
This was the year of newport boat parade.
This was the year Starwars 7 was released and watched.
This was the year of juke christmas party at eric's. awesome gift from sally.
This was the year of candycane lane w/ dan.
This was the year of spending christmas in vegas w/ family.
This was the year of realizing my crave for intellectual/mentally stimulating talks and those needs satisfied.
This was the year of new years at angel city brewery.
This was the year of exercising more in a year than ever before.
This was the year I realized I'm much more of a feminist than I thought.
This was the year of embarassment, drinking, heart break, self reflection, so much car troubles, family struggles, a lot of fun adventures/ outings, a lot of reconnections, a lot of delicious food, a lot of appreciation for people in my life, new levels of hurt and new levels of happiness.


2016's New Year Resolutions:
1. Schedule & go to all doctor appointments. (I have neglected these for way too long)
2. Exercise twice a week
3. Do 1 thing per month that makes me feel uncomfortable/pushes my boundaries for the sake of personal growth.

2016, come at me. I'm ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment