Monday, September 7, 2009

Obsessed

Indulgence: Read a ton of magazines today at borders which consist of ElleUK, Bristish Vogue, Nylon, Instyle Weddings, Color(a photography magazine), and Vogue Paris(in french, awesome.)

Coveting: black shrunken blazer, brown riding boots, a stylist/style, lots of money for clothes, a new hobby, a trip to europe...again

Love: fashiontoast.com, stylebubble.typepad.com

So, I was thinking... What makes photography good/editorial-status? i mean, while flipping through the photography magazine today, i was thinking to myself.. what makes this so special? i could've done that...?
is it how the artist has a collection that seems to intertwine together and yet each photo is individual? is it the lighting, the angle? what makes certain photos exquisite?
if anyone has an answer, let me know.

AAH, another fact about me: people usually don't understand what i'm saying because i make obscure sounds/hand gestures that NO one understands except for the people that are used to me.

Loving this ring bracelet thing that Rumi owns.
I was thinking today, and remembered how some people would always say things like "oh yeah she's so gorgeous, AND she acts, AND she sings... damn...she must have a crappy personality or something" (if you havn't heard this once or so, then maybe it's just all in my mind) but I think it's quite sad yet amusing how people seem to want to find the worst/flaws in people. But,..that's just what I think.


Saw this in a magazine, I believe it was ELLE UK? yep. and the artist is Tauba Auerback. It was under a section of artwork that was supposed to have a lasting impression on you. And at first when I saw this, i thought hm,.. alright, so what? Then I realized that Wasnt here was scrambled from the answer, now so what?... But then I read what the artist had to say. I think that a lot of the genius in artwork is what the artist has to say about his pieces.


"It's a perfect resolved phrase that tells there is no resolution. The emotional part follows the cerebral part. I get joy out of these logical loops. It makes me feel like the world is alright, because there is no truth." Tauba Auerback

You should check out his other artwork. Some are posted on http://www.jackhanley.com/show.php?show=10
Another one of my faves is SUBTRACTION (STARTLING)

So, Hope you guys had a wonderful three day weekend!

Amor, Heather



Photo Credits: Style.com, Fashiontoast.com, Jackhanley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment